23.6.06

World Cup Fever

We're in the thick of the World Cup now. If you don't know that, I don't know why I know you. It's a thrilling, heartbreaking (Germany is still in it, so not for me yet), maddening, amazing tournament. But it's also a very long and tiring tournament. Here on North America's west coast, the early games are really early, though now that we're moving into the knockout stages that will be alleviated somewhat. To make it all the way through the tournament requires care, pacing, a good level of fitness and commitment to the cause. And I'm only talking about the fans. Rehydration is crucial. And to avoid burnout, I recommend diversions. Though being football addicted, it's hard to have non-World Cup related diversions. But diversions we must have, so as a service I offer you this...

The absolute worst hair I have seen in the tournament:

This guy is Loco. No, I'm not mocking him. Well I suppose I am but his nickname is actually Loco. If anyone has a worse haircut from this World Cup (Ronaldo's catastrophe was so 2002) that I should know about, let's have it. But Frank Ribery doesn't count, as I don't quite understand what is going on there and feel kind of bad for the guy.

2 comments:

d.i.n.k. said...

Ribery Looking His Best

Anonymous said...

Is that a lock of his "hair" stuck to his jersey? It looks like a thick clump of false eyelashes glued to his forehead and one has fallen onto his shirt....is there a bad fashionista in his life giving him hair advice?